This is my second one and I am really chuffed (overly pleased for non UK folk) with being nominated. When I did my first one last week I immediately thought of Lee Cleaver’s blog and it turns out when he was nominated last week he also thought of mine. Clearly we are both rather intelligent and great minds think alike (or something along those lines). We both agreed we had to do this second one. In it together and all that.
So thank you so much Lea for the nomination. My mind is literally blown with your knowledge of the body and you know I think your posts are amazing. I told him yesterday that I feel like his words tumble out like a river. One that meanders but also has purpose. It’s true so go check him out at Cleaverfit for a load of positivity, good advice and motivation.
Another reason for me being really pleased with this is the interaction that these awards create between bloggers. There are loads of brilliant blogs that I follow and loads more that I have found through other people nominating their favourites. So another 11 nominations is an easy task.
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blogging site.
- List the Sunshine Blogger Award rules and display the logo on your site.
- Answer the Sunshine Blogger Award questions.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about their nominations.
My Questions from Lee
1. At the stage you are at in your life…what’s…your own personal definition of the word “Love?” Bloody ell. Nothing like going in on the first one! Well I am a little older but honestly I think there is no definition. I’ve been in love a number of times. All were different. Now I’m not although there are 3 men I would say I have love for but we aren’t together, shouldn’t have stayed together, and couldn’t have stayed together for various reasons. Only one of them was a potential of all consuming love but it is another one that I think would have lasted longer if it was a different situation/time. We keep in touch and wish the best for each other. Summary – who the hell knows.
2. Would you entertain…you…10 years ago…now? Totally. I laugh at myself a lot and am constantly amused.
3. Where’s the place…or places…you feel most at peace…at one with existence? At work, especially in the midst of any type of difficult situation. I feel weirdly at peace in high levels of tension/stress. On the opposite side of this I have never felt more relaxed than sitting on a beach in Koh Samui just listening to the ocean and sipping on a cool drink.
4. If you could take a personal life lesson…then turn it into a quote that connected with and helped others…what would it be?
“Confidence only comes when you are confident about not being confident.”(by me). Most things are manageable and those that are not are ok not to be. Nobody knows everything so it irritates me when people pretend they know.
5. What’s your favourite smell? I don’t know! Currently sniffing things to test this out.
6. What’s your favourite sound? A wave, a gorgeous song, a bustling bar, the silence in the country. I don’t have a favourite. I probably should.
7. At the stage you are at in your life…what’s…your own personal definition of the word “Success?” Enjoyment in what I do. I used to think I would like a Lamborghini but currently have what I think is a really (as in really) rubbish car. So similar to my quote, I am good at what I do and so feel successful.
8. Sum up your blog space in 5 words? Kind of quirky and funnyish.
9. You’re fighting…professionally…for sport…for the championship of the world…and…you win it. Did you highlight reel your opponent in the first round…out cold…or…win on points after warring with each other the entire distance? I prefer the long game so a win on points is always preferable. Unless my opponent was annoying. Then a knock out would be the only way.
10. If I turned your life so far…into a blockbuster movie…what would it be called? She was a complete nightmare 🙂
11. You’re writing a best selling book…fill in the blank. “10 steps to……………” feeling happy…most of the time.
Easy peasy…there are so many great blogs. These are some that I love to read so I hope you are ok with me nominating you. Some I have just found recently…others I have followed for a while.
- Becoming the Muse
- Ellie’s London
- Debatably Dateable
- Where will you be in a year
- Madame Writer
- Our Favourite Jar
- I dream of clothes
- Bereaved and being a single parent
- Ailish Sinclair p.s. halfway through your brilliant book “The Mermaid and the Bear”…it is a great read. Check out Ailish’s page for the link.
- Walking Talking
- No Passing Fancy
Questions for you
- Why do you blog?
- If you were stuck up a tree for an hour or two…what would you do?
- What is the funniest thing you heard today?
- What makes you smile on a regular basis?
- What is the one (or two if you must) thing you can’t live without?
- Who’s blog do you read that you recommend to us all (it doesn’t even have to be someone you nominate)?
- What kind of soup would most reflect you as a person?
- What is your favourite TV show right now?
- If you have a spare £100 in your wallet / purse…what does it get spent on?
- What was your favourite children’s show growing up…can you remember the theme tune…are you now singing it?