As a little ray of occasional sunshine it was a lovely surprise to have my blog nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Thanks loads to the Recreational Hobbyist over at her blog. Check it out here. As I get a little older it is weird that I am trying loads of new things. I am probably not brilliant at any of them but I have a lot of fun. So a blog that gives me new ideas and book reviews is a win win in my book.
My Sunshine Blogger post
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blogging site.
- List the Sunshine Blogger Award rules and display the logo on your site.
- Answer the Sunshine Blogger Award questions.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about their nominations.
- What is your favorite time of the year?
- This is a hard one to answer as I like different things about different seasons. As much as I love the long days in what Scotland describes as a summer I probably prefer winter. The dark nights, winter boots and jumpers.
- If you could travel to any country, where would you go?
- Singapore. I have never been (nearest I have been is Koh Samui in Thailand). I just know I would love it from all the descriptions.
- What is your favorite TV show you are watching right now?
- BBC series His Dark Materials. Loved loved loved the books and the series is shaping up well.
- How often do you write other then for blog posts?
- For work all the time. However this involves reports, emails, analysis blah blah blah. I started a book. I would love to write a book. But I only wrote 2 pages so far. Does that even count :-)?
- Coffee or Tea?
- Too much…far too much coffee. Espresso or a latte is my go to.
- What is your all time favorite book?
- I don’t do favourites. For anything now that I think about it. I have too many from classic Scottish novels (Robert Louis Stevenson’s collection of Scottish novels is one of them) to, well to anything. I like different books for different reasons.
- What is your favorite blog post?
- My own? I had fun writing my marathon post. Someone else’s? A blogger from forfriendswithoutborders always makes me smile.
- What is the one thing you love about blogging?
- That I never knew it existed (see above re trying new things out) and that I never knew how much I enjoyed writing until I started blogging. I love a funny story about general life stuff. Blogging allows me to smile about the things I find amusing in day to day life.
- What is one thing you can’t live without?
- Red wine
- What is your favorite food?
- What is your biggest blogging accomplishment?
- Tough question. I still feel like a beginner and so I am really happy whenever I get a comment, a like and when someone reads my posts.
There are lots of great blogs out there that I read. Some I have found from Twitter and some from WordPress. Different bloggers, different topics and very different styles but ones I always take something from. So I nominate the following bloggers & their blogs:
- Tea Spansberg
- A Thousand Bits of Paper
- Lee Cleaver
- Smelly Socks and Garden Peas
- Jay’s Brainstorms
- The Glitter Rebel
- Lucy Lives Here
- London Life with Liz
- Witty and Sarcastic Bookclub
- Single Vegas Girl
Questions for My Nominees:
- When was the last time you laughed (proper belly laugh)?
- What, if anything is your favourite type of exercise and why?
- What was the last goal (tiny, little, or big) that you achieved?
- Crisps or Chocolate?
- What is the song you can’t help singing right now…especially now I have made you think about it…even if you can’t (like me) sing??
- Why do you blog?
- What is your favourite comment that you have received on a blog post?
- How do you relax?
- If you had to go for a drink (alcohol / non-alcoholic) with a famous person, who would it be?
- Sunshine or Snow?
- Which post have you written that we should all read?